This pineapple mango salsa is so versatile! It’s the best on fish tacos. It provides the perfect mix of heat and sweetness for grilled fish. It’s also a great accompaniment to other salsa varieties you have out for your meal. Feel free to add black beans to it to add a little bulk and reduce the heat.
If you aren’t a big fan of spicy foods, you may want to reduce the jalapeño to 1/4 and make sure you chop it superfine so that you’re not getting large chunks.
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped. Reserve 1/2 cup juice
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup purple onion, finely chopped
- 1 ear of corn, cut off ear and roasted at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- 1/4- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded, deveined, and finely chopped (you may want to use gloves if you’re sensitive to peppers)–
This time I held the whole pepper over the flame of my range with tongs and charred it before chopping.
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
Mix all ingredients. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Serve on fish tacos or with chips.