We have exactly one week until Mother’s Day! If you haven’t bought a gift yet, you still have time. Here are a few items that are sure to please every type of mom. Gentlemen, I’d like to offer couple of things to think about before you shop:
Most moms would want the following:
- Something we may not normally buy for ourselves because it feels like a splurge.
- Something to make our lives easier or would be helpful.
- Something to make us feel prettier, more youthful, or energetic.
- Something that would not create clutter.
- Some women don’t want cooking or cleaning items as gifts. If in doubt, ask.
- Unless they specifically pick out a style or size, clothing isn’t always a good choice.
Bracelet– This delicate bracelet fits any style and any age. It would go with an evening gown and perfectly with a pair of distressed jeans. I’m seriously eyeing a gold one for myself.
Hammock– How cute is this?! It beat the utilitarian navy or green hammock any day!
Cover-up– I know I said that clothing isn’t always a good choice for moms, but coverups are generally one size and easier to choose for your mom. I love the back detail on this one.
Fiddle Leaf Fig– Fiddle leaf figs are all the rage right now. They’re a relatively easier plant to care for and add a great dynamic to any room. If your local nursery doesn’t carry them, here’s an option.
Simple Human Magnifying Mirror– I have this mirror and LOVE it.
Floral Apron– This is a fun and budget friendly gift. If you have little ones, you could also get them matching apron(s) and serve mom breakfast in bed for Mother’s Day. Gifts don’t have to cost a fortune. Gifts from the heart mean so much to us!
Sunday Riley Power Couple Kit– These are some of my favorite skin care products.
If you lost your mother or have been estranged from her, I pray that you find comfort for Mother’s Day. If you want to be a mother and it hasn’t happened, my wish for you is that you somehow find joy in the painful reminder. For all the mothers, I wish you a happy Mother’s Day. Soak up some rest. You deserve it.