I’m Dana, also known as The Dishy Decorator. I originally had a blog (www.thedishydecorator.
blogspot.com) from 2009-2013. I had just moved to a new town and decided to blog as a way to meet new people and share my love of food and design projects. I absolutely fell in love with blogging!
After taking a break to focus on my family and deal with my own health issues, I realized how much I’ve missed the connection that blogging gives. I’ve met some lifelong friends via social media. For my former readers, welcome back! To those that recently discovered my site, a big hello to you! I hope you come back and visit again.
I want my blog to be a fun place where women can connect and support one another in an authentic and kind way. Think of it as a group of girlfriends having coffee, sharing a laugh, and talking about the things we love.
Here’s a little about me:
- From: Tennessee
- Currently call home: mid-Missouri
- Favorite activities: cooking for those I love and strength-training
- Favorite food: anything with dark chocolate
- Favorite drink: I’m fueled by coffee and hydrated by mango La Croix.
- Favorite meal to cook: breakfast! I’m a morning person.
- Favorite design tip: Hire a decorator, even if it’s only for an hour consultation. It will save you money and mistakes!
- Favorite song: “Brick House” by The Commodores
- Pet peeves: People that mistreat the elderly, children, or animals. People that smack their lips while eating.
- My uniform: Distressed jeans, a relaxed t-shirt or tank top, and slip on sneakers
- Beach or Mountains: MOUNTAINS! That’s where I find my peace. I’m obsessed with hiking and have been known to sneak off for a solo hike while traveling.
- Cat or dog: I’m a dog lover!